Thursday, November 24, 2005

BiblioPad

Regarding my last week post on personal bibliographic/research software, Daniel Gonçalves reminded me of a senior year project he advised two years ago. The BiblioPad were developed to help researches organize bibliographic references. This application extracts information from papers, such as title, authors and references. With this data it establishes relationships among papers, organizing automatically the bibliography.

However, this is not what I am looking for. I want a tool that allows me not only to organize but also classify the bibliographic references I use during my research work. This classification should not only focus on the content of the paper but also other information, such as relevance, source, author credibility, affiliated institutions, related projects, etc...

So, I am still looking for such a tool.

No comments: