Friday, December 02, 2005

Converting editION to VC++7.1

After a couple of months on the hold I restarted my work in the editION prototype. However, during this period of time I had updated the C++ compiler from VC++6.0 to VC++7.1. Thus, I needed to make a few changes in the prototype. The more mind-boggling task was related with socket communication. I could not understand, but exactly the same code that before works well, now doesn't. It only started to work well when I forced the system to wait for connection, blocking the GUI. Before it could go on normally and if after a given timeout, the connection could not be established, a error message was displayed.

No comments: