Friday, December 03, 2004

Gathering requirements from mould industry

My PhD work is integrated in the EuroTooling21 project, which aims to improve competitiveness in European Mouldmaking and Special Tooling Industry.

Today I attended my first meetings within the EuroTooling21 project. These meetings were held in Marinha Grande on two distinct mould industry companies. There we performed a preliminary task analysis and gathered overall user requirements.

Besides users from the mould industry, other researchers from computer sciences and mechanics department from Instituto Superior Técnico and developers from Partner Solutions participate in these meetings. Thus, it was possible to know our closer partners within the EuroTooling21 project in person, providing a good chance to strengthen the relationships. Additionally, we perform task assignment and definition of next steps.

I consider these meetings as the kick-off for my PhD thesis, since I do nothing until now. Therefore, in my point of view I started my PhD on December 3rd, 2004. Let's see how my work goes from here....