Sunday, December 19, 2004

Too much bureaucracy... almost no work.

In last September, the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) granted me a scholarship for my PhD studies. Unfortunately, the amount of bureaucracy needed to activate it turns out to be incredibly large. Therefore, I am still trying to gather all documents they need, because every time I go there they ask me for one more document missing or for a document different from one I have, which seems to be unsuitable for them. I am so tired...

Moreover, during the winter semester I am teaching "Human-Computer Interaction" and most of my time in the last few weeks was dedicated to it.

As a result of all this and other stuff, my research work is completely stopped. There are no softer way to describe it. Now, looking ahead I just hope that with the new year I can start a "new life".